Ozmo is seeking a passionate leader to focus on people and quality to join our growing team. As Quality Manager you will be directly responsible for the growth and engagement of content spec writers, a quality team and project managers and you will lead the development of and maintain a quality improvement system for the teams projects and processes. You will report directly to the Director of Digital Content Production and work alongside the Content Production leadership team to grow, build and maintain a center of excellence.
As a growing technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
- Manage the full employee lifecycle including monthly one-on-ones, performance reviews, day-to-day feedback, career development plans.
- Establish training and performance expectations and refine internal career paths.
- Approve paid time off and timesheets.
- Collaborate with peers to continue the growth and focused attention on the continuous improvement of our efficiency in Content Production.
- Proactively identify staffing needs and work closely with the team through the hiring, onboarding and training processes.
- Implement and revise the compensation structure to remain competitive and fair
- Collaborate with the Ozmo Senior HR Manager on setting policy and participate in the benefits and compensation decisions
- Frequently attend daily production stand ups, identifying and acting on issues or impediments pertaining to projects, particularly as these become consistent barriers to their success
- Participate in periodic retrospective meetings to stay in tune with development issues and positive progress
- Serve as a leader of the Content Production function which is responsible for managing and executing a backlog of continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide input on the technical training program and provided materials
- Monitor project hours and other performance measures that are key indicators for success
- Grow your IT leadership career and engage with local leaders and networking organizations. Ozmo will pay for your membership fees and allot time out of the office for local events
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in IT, management or a related field (or military experience in lieu of degree)
- Minimum of three years experience in a people management role
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Three to five years of demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in measuring quality including quality assurance, quality control and testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to be impartial and unbiased
- A positive attitude and motivational demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to coach and encourage young professionals
- Passionate about technology
- Training development experience preferred
This position requires being onsite at our office location in Blacksburg, VA. Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will temporarily operate remotely until the office is reopened (date TBD).
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.