Ozmo is seeking an experienced Director of Finance to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for strategic finance functions and oversight of operational finance and accounting. You will manage our annual operating budget and ensure that Ozmo achieves important financial goals and milestones. You will report to the CEO while also partnering with other management team members to help meet or exceed Ozmo’s business goals.
As a growing SaaS technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Ozmo’s strategic plan
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives across the company
- Assist in establishing quantitative measures of success
- Assess financial performance across various groups of the company from customer acquisition to various COS activities
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts to ensure capital is allocated responsibly with defined returns
- Conduct research and provide accounting guidance relative to new and/or proposed transactions or activities
- Select and engage external consultants (auditors, legal, accounting and investment advisors) as necessary
- Oversee preparation process and accounting partner for periodic and year-end financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Work with legal counsel, external consultants and external auditors on tax strategy and planning
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in business, finance and operations
- Experience in a high-growth software company
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance, GAAP, SaaS metrics and subscription revenue recognition
- Experience with equity and debt financing at the growth state of technology companies
This position requires being onsite at our office location in Austin, TX. Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will temporarily operate remotely until the office is reopened (date TBD).
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.