Ozmo is seeking a detail oriented Production Scheduler to join our growing team. As Production Scheduler, you will be focused on continuous rebalancing of multiple stakeholder inputs, determining when to make delivery commitments to stakeholder groups, and managing the communications flow. You will report directly to the Director of Digital Content Production and work alongside the Insights team to forecast demand and alongside the Employee Development Managers to develop action plans.
As a growing technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
- Receive and input production forecasts from stakeholder groups across Client Success, New Business Development, Marketing and Insights into scheduling tools
- Schedule resources across all groups in a manner that maximizes resource utilization while best achieving stakeholder goals
- Facilitate the meeting of stakeholders in the event there is issue taken with decisions made on priorities
- Own the bi-weekly scheduling process and coordinates with the Employee Development Manager (EDM) and the Lean Process Manager on the monthly forecasting process
- Manage and execute a backlog of continuous improvement initiatives as an active member of the Content Operations team
- Collaborate with Squad Leads and Associate EDMs on the specific sequencing of near-term work
- Collaborate with Squad Leads on the development of standard rough estimates for longer term work
- Participate in weekly production status meetings with Device-supplier customers to ensure clear expectations are set
- Generate production reports for internal and external consumption
- Identify potential delivery risks and relay to appropriate parties. Participate in risk mitigation planning and execution
- Generate production estimates for special projects
- Support Squad Leads in times of need to manage special projects through execution and delivery
- Own AirTable and the lifecycle of projects and issues w/in the system
- Create new Process and/or Tooling to improve scheduling efficiency
- Serve as Scrum master for the metaScrum and Content Operations Agile Sprint process
Requirements and qualifications
- Five or more years in a dedicated project management role
- Two or more years in an agile development environment serving in a scrum master or equivalent role
- Two or more years in a client-facing role
- One or more years managing portfolios of individual projects across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Remarkable problem solving and team collaboration experience in stressful situations
- Incredibly detail oriented, managing hundreds of project components and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Calm in the face of adversity and a positive attitude that inspires others
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of Ozmo development process
- Experience in high volume production scheduling capacity a plus
This is an onsite position at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will temporarily operate remotely until the office is reopened (date TBD).
Ozmo offers relocation assistance for candidates and their families. Come see why Blacksburg is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family and enjoy the outdoors.
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.