Ozmo is seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our growing team. As a Product Designer, you will be focused on providing value to our consumer and agent user groups, ensuring the usability of our products and maintaining our design systems. You will report to the VP Product and work alongside other product designers, product managers and engineering team members to iterate on and evolve our product suite.
As a growing technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
- Participate and hone skills to lead productive ideation sessions across various teams to generate and build upon ideas
- Leverage and incorporate research insights into your design process and ideation sessions
- Build interactive prototypes for usability testing based on static wireframes and design comps
- Plan, set up, execute and analyze usability tests, both remote and moderated
- Serve as an internal champion for consistency, flexibility and reuse leveraging your deep understanding of how design systems are built
- Design inclusively following WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Collaborate and communicate your design with the engineering team for successful implementations
- Reinforce design thinking across the organization and help spread knowledge of design processes
- Act as a mentor and coach for your teammates, helping junior designers grow into mid-level positions
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including Human Computer Interaction, Visual Communication, UX Design or Graphic Design
- Two to four years of experience in Product Design or a related field
- Experience designing SaaS-based, B2B web applications
- Ability to put people first, solving problems in a way that’s best for the users of the product
- Skill to balance user needs with viability, feasibility and desirability from customers
- Proven ability to solve problems and speak to your process in detail along the way
- Familiarity with industry standard tools, including Sketch, Zeplin and usertesting.com
- Extensive experience in interaction design and visual design principles and processes
- Understanding of Agile methodologies is required
- Experience working with customer support systems and designing for customer support agents and support-seeking consumers is a plus
This is an onsite position at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will temporarily operate remotely until the office is reopened (date TBD).
Ozmo offers relocation assistance for candidates and their families. Come see why Blacksburg is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family and enjoy the outdoors.
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.