Ozmo is seeking a self-motivated and talented Associate Product Designer to join our growing team. As Associate Product Designer, you will be focused on providing value to our consumer and agent user groups, ensuring the usability of our products and maintaining our design systems. You will report to the VP Product and work alongside other product designers, product managers and engineering team members to iterate on and evolve our product suite. In this position you will apply your school or first job experience to a growing product team in a demanding and supportive environment. A demonstrated pattern of being a self motivated and passionate designer is essential.
As a growing technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
- Participate in ideation sessions across various teams to generate and build upon ideas and solutions to design problems
- Leverage and incorporate research insights into your design process and ideation sessions
- Build interactive prototypes for usability testing based on static wireframes and design comps
- Learn and apply design systems to bring consistency and efficiency to your work
- Design inclusively following WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Collaborate and communicate your design with your engineering team for successful implementations
- Reinforce design thinking across the organization and help spread knowledge of design processes
- Seek out and seize opportunities for learning and growth
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including Human Computer Interaction, Visual Communication, UX Design or Graphic Design
- Zero to two years of experience in Product Design
- Ability to put people first, solving problems in a way that’s best for the users of the product
- Skill to balance user needs with viability, feasibility and desirability from customers
- Proven ability to solve problems and speak to your process in detail along the way
- Familiarity with industry standard tools, including Sketch, Zeplin and usertesting.com
- Experience in interaction design and visual design principles and processes
- Design experience in SaaS-based, B2B web applications is preferred
- Prior exposure to Agile methodologies is ideal
- Experience working with customer support systems and designing for customer support agents and support-seeking consumers is a plus
This is an onsite position at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Note: Due to COVID-19, this position will temporarily operate remotely until the office is reopened (date TBD).
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.