Ozmo is seeking a talented, motivated Associate Software Engineer to join our growing team. As an Associate Software Engineer, you will be focused on using the latest software stacks and cloud technologies to design, implement, test and continuously deliver new features and products. You will report directly to the Director of Engineering and work alongside an experienced and close-knit agile team to delight our customers.
As a growing technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
Requirements and qualifications
- Participate in full software development lifecycle of engineering projects
- Assist with software releases and product testing
- Adhere to coding and documentation standards
- Implement automated test code coverage
- Investigate root cause of defects
- Participate with team in peer testing and review
- Zero to three years of software development experience as part of a development team
- Experience with one or more programming language (e.g. Java, Ruby)
- Ability to handle ambiguity and function in a startup environment
- Past experience developing commercial software products or services preferred
- Knowledge of relational or NoSQL database systems (e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB) preferred
- Experience with server-side application technologies such as Ruby on Rails preferred
This is an onsite position at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Come see why Blacksburg is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family and enjoy the outdoors.
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.