Ozmo is seeking a Director of Content Strategy to lead and direct a team of technical writers and content analysts in their support of the rigorous launch cycles of our customers' devices and apps. This position requires extensive experience in data-driven content strategy, data analysis, process workflow design and team member management. This director-level position will manage an in-house team that is chartered with maximizing the value of the content we license to customers. This group is centered around lifecycle support for smartphones, however its scope extends to additional device types such as IoT and customer applications support such as My Account apps. The primary goal of the team is to provide content that allows consumers to self-serve so that would-be calls are deflected from contact centers. In the event that an assisted inquiry does occur, the team’s goal is to have the most accurate reference material for agents to quickly and successfully assist the consumer even if they were otherwise unfamiliar with the app or device in question.
As a growing technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
- Provide guidance on data-driven practices for effective content creation
- Provide oversight of a team of technical writers and content analysts
- Be the Product Owner of content, setting the best practices and tone and aesthetic standards for in-house content
- Create domains of expertise amongst the team to achieve a proactive posture ahead of new app and device launches
- Oversee the engagement of your team members with customers, app developers and OEMs
- Oversee the content strategy and technical writing operations for international markets and multiple languages
- Manage highly sensitive pre-launch information for major customers and OEM including OEM communication and NDA management
- Be an active member of the Ozmo Operational Management team setting departmental objectives and managing across departments
Requirements and qualifications
- Degree or certification in data analytics or statistics
- Five to eight years in a content strategy, content optimization or technical editorial team
- Five or more years of people management
- Agile, Lean, PMO or similar qualifications to demonstrate process orientation
This is an onsite position at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Ozmo offers relocation assistance for candidates and their families. Come see why Blacksburg is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family and enjoy the outdoors.
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.