Ozmo is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join our growing team! As a DevOps Engineer, you will focus on using the latest cloud technologies to architect, scale and monitor our services and products. You will report directly to the Director of Engineering and work alongside an experienced and close-knit agile team to delight our customers.
As a growing technology company, Ozmo’s focus is on solving tech support at scale. We build best-in-class software products that are used around the world to improve the lives of tens of millions of people each year by making technology more accessible. Ozmonauts are motivated to continuously improve and love to learn. We pride ourselves in doing exceptional work that delivers real value by transforming the way people think about technology.
- Architect infrastructure solutions for new product services
- Conduct system monitoring across cloud environments
- Triage and resolve technical and user issues
- Plan for and ensure adequate capacity across all services
- Automate installation, configuration, backup, monitoring and alerting processes
- Apply security best practices and regional regulations to infrastructure management
- Write and maintain system operations runbooks
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule providing 24x7 support
Requirements and qualifications
- Two or more years of hands-on cloud operations experience
- Proven ability to implement secure and highly available infrastructure services
- Proficiency in linux shell and at least one scripting language like python
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible or CloudFormation
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools and principles, such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services preferred
- Experience using version control, such as Git
This is an onsite position at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Ozmo offers relocation assistance for candidates and their families. Come see why Blacksburg is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family and enjoy the outdoors.
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.